Board logo

标题: [原创] 随笔-- 第一次学抽烟(双语) [打印本页]

作者: Xiaoman     时间: 2015-5-7 15:10     标题: [原创] 随笔-- 第一次学抽烟(双语)

我第一次学抽烟是我8岁的时候。

那是一个夏天的中午,天气闷热得好像刚下了火。 我和乌眼(乌眼是我的童年玩伴,因为她眼睛乌黑明亮所以得名)在我们村的柴房里玩(那时除了玩泥沙,爬树,跳绳实在没什么好玩的了)。 我特发异想,告诉乌眼我可以偷我爸爸的烟来抽。乌眼同意我的建议。 结果我就蹑手蹑脚地去我爸爸的房间,把烟和火柴偷来了。 我一支,乌眼一支,我们分别学大人的样子抽起烟来。但是烟味很辣,呛得我们直流泪,咳得就像生病的老女人。

幸好,我们没有把村子的柴房点着。 当然,我的抽烟学习也遗憾地没成功。

I learned how to smoke when I was 8 years old. That was my first cigarette  and also my last one. It  was an extreme hot summer afternoon as if it just rained fire balls. Black Eyes and me hung out  in the wood shed of our village. All of a sudden I had an idea. I told Black Eye that I wanted to learn how to smoke and I  could steal my father's cigarettes.  She agreed. Therefore, I snuck into my father's room and stole two cigarettes from the pack  plus  a box of  matches. Black Eye took one and me another.  We lit up our cigarettes with a match  and then  started to smoke like adults. But the smoke was so freaking spicy that we coughed  like we were  sick old women and could not hold back our tears.

Luckily, we didn't set the woodshed on fire. And  that was a shame that my attempt of learning how to smoke was  a complete failure. (旧作)
作者: 唐夫     时间: 2015-5-7 15:20
写得妙趣活泼,那么第二次呢?

英语没有乌的意思,你用黑的感觉不一样.
作者: Xiaoman     时间: 2015-5-7 15:25
谢唐老师留言!中文与英语有点儿出入还没改过来:That was my first cigarette and also my last one 那是我第一支烟也是最后一支。
作者: 唐夫     时间: 2015-5-7 15:29
这样的题目我一看就当你是抽烟的练家子了。呵呵。我抽烟出国才放弃,偶尔想起会复发之欲萌生,但能克制。
作者: 唐夫     时间: 2015-5-7 15:31
Rained  fire? 下雨的火,我读成这样,不知道对否?
作者: 唐夫     时间: 2015-5-7 15:56
我想,可能大家都会像我一样的希望知道越南人的真实生活,尽管你们大体上和我们有共性,但自然山水,历史走向,物产原因等等因素,还是和我们大陆中国状况截然不同。越南遭受的灾难因前政府的腐败而被胡志明钻营得势,依赖苏中把国家拖进火海,再因柬埔寨问题与中共闹翻,让边境遭受一次比中国的南京大屠杀更残忍的毁灭。你的经历只是到美国撤军为止,其实,越南人民的灾难都是中国酿造的,我至今没有看到一个中国人会去道歉,包括朝鲜也然。这一点上,我敬佩日本人。
作者: Xiaoman     时间: 2015-5-7 16:00
“Rained  fire? 下雨的火,我读成这样,不知道对否?”

这句灵感来自 Raining cats and dogs 下倾盆大雨的意思。直译:落狗那个啥。。。。。。
(广东话:落狗S)

to be raining in great amounts It was raining cats and dogs by the time I got home.

如果可以Rain cats and dogs ,也可以Rain fire balls 落火球。 可能读着觉得别扭。

芬兰语是否很难学? 跟英语差不多吗?
作者: 唐夫     时间: 2015-5-7 16:09
我读英语原著不多,可能你是对的。抽烟的故事可以再加点内容,比如乌眼长得像什么样子,若干年后她的状况,了了素语,更多意趣。写作之功力就在细节上微微着墨,举重若轻,文章感染力陡升。

你老叫我师,便挂起老鼠当打猎人了。惭愧!
作者: Xiaoman     时间: 2015-5-7 16:11
“其实,越南人民的灾难都是中国酿造的,我至今没有看到一个中国人会去道歉,包括朝鲜也然。这一点上,我敬佩日本人。” 

我们家和几十万华人一起被越南政府排华,我们不得不放弃几代人生活过的家园,土地,躲避战乱。 越南政府要跟中国闹翻,中国政府接受了这一批难民。 越南对中国的仇恨,抑或是中国对越南的敌视,我没有什么感觉,我自己本身来说我对他们没有什么仇恨,也许我当时小没什么记忆。我家大人说起这些也没见有仇恨。 或许是一种习惯性的逆来顺受? 鲁迅笔下的农民跑到了越南。 父辈那一代,在异国生活,很受气,有好处没我们的份,灾难却由我们来挡---外祖父被强行征兵。

到我这一代,没这回事了,遇到不公平就反抗。
作者: 唐夫     时间: 2015-5-7 16:34
芬兰语的语法是魔法,天花乱坠,每词汇变形十几个形态。语法基本变化一百多种,我笨得至今不能用芬兰语写作,你算运气好,进入英语国家。我后悔一生没有几门外语,只有下辈子再学了。
作者: Xiaoman     时间: 2015-5-7 17:11
我们说的白眼豆,他们叫bLacK eyed beans。不知乌怎么说。
作者: Xiaoman     时间: 2015-5-7 19:18
我考虑一下,暂时翻译作: Oo Yan

因为我们说的乌龙叫Oolong。

名字貌似多数作音译。   唐先生精通古代汉语,现代白话,倚马文章,摇笔即来,足矣。
作者: 冬雪儿     时间: 2015-5-7 19:42
小曼这篇文好童趣童真极了。

“但是烟味很辣,呛得我们直流泪,咳得就像生病的老女人。”——这句话很老辣。
作者: Xiaoman     时间: 2015-5-7 19:54
谢谢雪儿老师留言! “咳得就像生病的老女人。” 是我和一些朋友讲话时开玩笑有时用来自嘲。 这样写可能不合适。
作者: 冬雪儿     时间: 2015-5-7 20:18

引用:
Originally posted by Xiaoman at 2015-5-8 12:54 AM:
谢谢雪儿老师留言! “咳得就像生病的老女人。” 是我和一些朋友讲话时开玩笑有时用来自嘲。 这样写可能不合适。

小曼这句话写得非常好。给读者一个很大的跳跃空间,由一个8岁的孩童一下子跳到“咳得就像生病的老女人”,这语言的张力多么强烈。
作者: 唐夫     时间: 2015-5-7 20:19
看你把我形容的样子,我都以为自己到了云里雾里,还真的要去一趟越南,到深山老林里捡个好姑娘回来才不枉今生。
作者: Xiaoman     时间: 2015-5-7 21:43
谢谢雪儿老师鼓励!

唐老师你云里雾里都放光彩啊.

娶个越南新娘,这个一点儿问题都没有。就是不知道哪家姑娘配得起唐先生,这个是问题。
作者: 唐夫     时间: 2015-5-7 22:34
我正在拍摄的澳大利亚博物馆里观赏生物,随即用博物馆的网络看看,你说到有趣的话题。我的要求不高啊,老实巴交就心满意足。你认识的越南女士多多,何不帮我找一个?呵呵呵呵!佩切老头天天都和我谈论女人,总结一生得失。
附件 1 : image.jpg (2015-5-7 22:36, 1.67 M )

附件 2 : image.jpg (2015-5-7 22:45, 310.92 K )

作者: 唐夫     时间: 2015-5-7 22:47
怎么会反过来,两次都这样,技穷了。谁能帮助?
作者: 唐夫     时间: 2015-5-8 04:36

引用:
Originally posted by Xiaoman at 2015-5-7 21:43:
谢谢雪儿老师鼓励!

唐老师你云里雾里都放光彩啊.

我只要淳朴的女人,你帮我找?我估计都得配得上吧。
但你都不在越南了也肯定不好找?
当然,得会汉语的最好,不然只有做手势,能英语的也行。你那里风景绝佳、人杰地灵。找一个就三生有幸了。
作者: 唐夫     时间: 2015-5-8 05:07

引用:
Originally posted by Xiaoman at 2015-5-7 21:43:
谢谢雪儿老师鼓励!

唐老师你云里雾里都放光彩啊.

我还有光彩?怎么从来都吃亏呢!
说梦的话,我只要淳朴的女人,你帮我找都得配得上,那是自不待言。
但你都不在越南了也肯定不好找?
当然,得会汉语,能英语的也行。你那里风景绝佳、人杰地灵。找一个就三生有幸了。
作者: Xiaoman     时间: 2015-5-8 05:51
杨振宁 82找28, 唐老师比杨教授年轻,64,找个46。
作者: 唐夫     时间: 2015-5-8 06:18

引用:
Originally posted by Xiaoman at 2015-5-8 05:51:
杨振宁 82找28, 唐老师比杨教授年轻,64,找个46。

那就这么定了吧,四十六最合适。你帮我物色对象。就找你给的图片地区,一定是仙女。
作者: 格丘山     时间: 2015-5-8 06:30
唐兄好事不断,  恭喜,

如果我没有记错的话,  自我知道唐兄以来,  这起码是第四个了。(:)
作者: Xiaoman     时间: 2015-5-8 06:39
自古才子配佳人。一定要找个合适的。
作者: 海外逸士     时间: 2015-5-8 07:42
唐大人﹐你太太那裡通過了嗎﹖
作者: Xiaoman     时间: 2015-5-8 13:25
"风景绝佳、人杰地灵"  也许吧。 :)

加拿大那个黄嘉露,Carol Huynh,奥运摔跤冠军,和那个

2006年因短篇故事集《放血与神奇治疗》获得“吉娜文学奖”(Giller Prize)的华裔作家林浩聪医生(Vincent Lam)。 他们都是青年才俊,越南华裔,我的偶像,学习的榜样。 :)
作者: 唐夫     时间: 2015-5-8 17:24
丘山先生,你我不往来久也。我可能没有你运气。我真得感谢你的“推波助澜”。可能你从夏威夷搬迁与我南下澳洲有异曲同工之妙。俗话说君子香蕉不出恶言。足下身为教授,可有遗憾?

海兄,我早就通过了!不然怎么会有去年的新西兰之行。办她来芬兰是我最后的努力。不想仍然是事与愿违。这是我的隐私。所有这些我都和雪儿当社会课题讨论过,包括我为什么来澳洲的深层原因。

唐夫即使不良,也不至于要骗小曼这样的孩子。二位看问题也真够分量。

再谢!
作者: 唐夫     时间: 2015-5-8 17:34

引用:
Originally posted by Xiaoman at 2015-5-8 06:39:
自古才子配佳人。一定要找个合适的。

我不知道怎么突然来了污水。这里人品几何从文字里可以透露。看来想和你继续交流我是厚颜无耻了。本来就当你是孩子,喜欢你对中文的厚爱。谁知玩笑开到谈情说爱上,就惹恼一邦道学家。算在唐夫私德有亏,从此打住。谢谢你给了我两天的愉快。
作者: Xiaoman     时间: 2015-5-8 17:59
不知道你们以前是否发生过什么不愉快。我不好说话。 我的确感到唐先生确是把我当小孩子(当然,我不是小孩)。  我也把唐老师当长辈,他只比我父亲少几岁,我叫他叔叔,他应该很高兴,白赚,不亏。 有些话,大家都看到的话,唐老师是可以悄悄给我的,但他没有。

周末愉快!
作者: Xiaoman     时间: 2015-5-8 18:13
如果不关我的事,可能我想多了。小的先退下。
作者: thesunlover     时间: 2015-5-8 18:59
唐兄把话说开了,大家都能理解你,至少我能。
作者: Xiaoman     时间: 2015-5-8 21:14
谢Thesunlover老师理解和回复,周末愉快!
作者: Xiaoman     时间: 2015-7-17 19:48
网友评论:

http://www.writingforums.com/threads/157615-My-First-Cigarette-(167-words)

reedak is offline Member  reedak's Avatar
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join Date:Jun 2015Location:ASEANPosts:19LOL (Given):LOL (Received):Likes (Given):Likes (Received):Thanks (Given):Thanks (Received):  

xiaoman said: "And that was a shame that my attempt of learning how to smoke was a complete failure."

I don't see any reason why you should regard such a failure as a shame.

You should thank God for your so-called "shame" as it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Quick reply to this message Reply   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote   Multi-Quote This Message   Blog this Post         
LOL LOL  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Likes xiaoman liked this post

Thanks xiaoman Thanks this post

June 11th, 2015, 08:24 PM #3  

jenthepen

jenthepen is online now Mentor           jenthepen's Avatar
Join Date:Sep 2013Location:EnglandPosts:889LOL (Given):LOL (Received):Likes (Given):Likes (Received):Thanks (Given):Thanks (Received):

Awards Showcase
DSO Level 1 / Point Value: 10   WF Star Staffer / Point Value: 15   Published Poet or Songwriter/Lyricist / Point Value: 5   LM Pulitzer / Point Value: 10   The Purple Patch / Point Value: 5  

Total Awards: 5
: 45

This is a charming anecdote and is so typically the sort of thing that children come up with. It certainly worked as a deterent for you, xiaoman - you never smoked again. Probably not a method to be recommended though. lol.

Thanks for posting this little gem.

jen

New to poetry? Try The Purple Pip Challenge. It's a fun competition to improve your poetic skills. http://www.writingforums.com/forums/...Pip-Challenges

Magic of Life - a collection of my poems. http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/517057

Quick reply to this message Reply   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote   Multi-Quote This Message   Blog this Post         
LOL LOL  

June 12th, 2015, 03:02 AM #4  

JellyTrigger

JellyTrigger is offline Member  JellyTrigger's Avatar
Join Date:Jun 2015Location:The United States of AmericaPosts:14LOL (Given):LOL (Received):Likes (Given):Likes (Received):Thanks (Given):Thanks (Received):  
Send a message via Skype™ to JellyTrigger

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoman View Post

I learned how to smoke when I was 8 years old.

It was an extreme hot summer afternoon as if it just rained fire balls. Oo Yan (my playmate, her name means gleaming black eyes )and me hung out in the wood shed of our village. All of a sudden I had an idea. I told Oo Yan that I wanted to learn how to smoke and I could steal my father's cigarettes. She agreed. Therefore, I snuck into my father's room and stole two cigarettes from the pack plus a box of matches. Black Eye took one and me another. We lit up our cigarettes with a match and then started to smoke like adults. But the smoke was so freaking spicy that we coughed like we were sick old women and could not hold back our tears.

Luckily, we didn't set the woodshed on fire. And that was a shame that my attempt of learning how to smoke was a complete failure. That was my first cigarette and also my last one.

(I spent my childhood in a hilly area of Southern China)
Dear xiaoman,

This short story reminds me of many similar deeds children tend to do when they're younger. From cigarettes & alcohol to sneaking out after curfew & hanging out with a crowd your parents don't like. They don't necessarily do it because they want to, but because their parents told them not to do it. It peaks their curiosity when they are told not to do something. Well, at least that's how I was anyway!

I enjoyed how this tale reminded me of when I was still a child. I have to admit though, I'm pretty glad your attempt was a total failure since smoking can be quite addicting and deadly. Although, correct me if I am wrong, but your experience is usually how it goes for first timers who aren't used to smoking.

I only wish your story was more detailed. Like for example you could have explained how you tip towed into your father's room and grabbed the cigarettes off his nightstand as he snored loudly. That is my personal opinion of course.

All and all, I enjoyed your story! Hope to see more in the future!

Sincerely,
Christian Rodriguez
The Newbie Writer

LOL LOL  

Yesterday, 07:15 AM #5  

Etherhibba

Etherhibba is offline New Member  
Join Date:Jul 2015Posts:8LOL (Given):LOL (Received):Likes (Given):Likes (Received):Thanks (Given):Thanks (Received):  

Good that it was the last, an old friend of mine couldn't join the military because he had ruined his lungs with smokes starting from age 8.

欢迎光临 伊甸文苑 (http://yidian.org/) Powered by Discuz! 2.5